Tango is available on the following dates in 2018
17th June / 1st July / 8th July / 9th September / 16th September / 30th September
To view full programme calendar please click here.
“Dancing is like taking a mini vacation from the stress of the everyday – you have to be present in the moment.” (Ofelia de la Valette)
In this week you will learn the basic steps of Argentine tango and discover the benefits of dancing this beautiful and complex dance for your everyday life.
Dive into a week of learning how to connect with yourself and a partner, how to listen, to trust, to breathe and be present. You will be able to apply what you have learned even if you don’t continue dancing, but the probability that you will want more, is high.
The classes will be taught in the afternoons and after the classes or in the evenings we will dance for fun and apply the newly acquired skills.
Your teachers are:
- Gonzalo, who grew up in Uruguay where he learnt tango from a young age as part of the Uruguayan culture. His teaching is young, dynamic and strongly rooted in the traditional tango and he will be able to give you an in-depth look of the dance and its technique.
- Lana, who lived in many parts of the world. She danced ballet throughout her childhood and started dancing tango in 2008. Lana is a qualified NLP life coach and hypnotherapist. She discovered for herself that tango is as effective as mindfulness meditation in reducing symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression and she will be able to transmit this during the classes.
Together, Lana and Gonzalo create a relaxed, harmonious and fun atmosphere where there arises a desire and a curiosity to learn more.
Please note that in the spirit of the tradition, Argentine Tango will take place in the afternoons and into the evenings. Whilst there will be ample time for personal instruction to assist individuals within the small group, there will not be 1-1s for this programme. And do take advantage of the whole eCALA experience to ease away any tired feet – massage and relaxation therapies, and/or you can exercise some different body parts through kayaking, snorkelling, boat trips and ‘Ted’ type talks!
eCALA Learning Programme Booking
Learning programmes are booked separately to accommodation. They can be booked at the same time as your accommodation or at a later date if you prefer. However, it is important you book and secure your accommodation first. If you are interested in a specific programme, make a note of the date and click here to check accommodation availability. Please refer to the ‘Booking Notes’ below for more booking details.
Need help deciding on the right programme for you? Use the chat or call a member of our team:
GR: +30 2247 031851
UK +44 7435 393514
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If staying for just a single week, choose N/A for the week 2 options.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, repeat the programme booking process for each person and add to cart. All learning programmes will be listed separately when you check out.
- Programmes listed in the cart will appear as €0.00 as they are included in the cost of your accommodation booking.