Poetry Writing is available on the following dates in 2018
To view full programme calendar please click here.
Pátmos island has long been a retreat for artists, and you too will find here an inspirational setting in which to develop your poetic voice and stimulate your creativity.
The programme will take a variety of creative approaches to develop your poetry appreciation and writing skills. Experiential exercises in this stunning physical environment feature throughout the week, which is suitable both for those who want to begin and those who want to improve their poetry writing.
The week will include an exploration of poems with an invitation to creatively respond to themes, poets and different poetic forms – in order to develop a deeper understanding of poetic writing.
You will consider what it is to read and behave as a poet, as well as learn approaches for getting inspired – and for turning this inspiration into poetry.
There will be sharing and discussion within the small group, including a chance to give and receive feedback on your poetry towards the end of the week. You will learn to make more discerning judgements about your own work.
You will also have at least two 1-1s with your teacher, where you can focus on areas of your poetry that need attention and receive tuition on how to address them.
Led by a published and awarded author and poet, who is also renowned in the writing community as an exceptional teacher.
Take advantage of the whole eCALA experience to further stimulate your creativity – massage, meditation, kayaking, snorkelling, boat trips, ‘Ted’ type talks and relaxation therapies!
eCALA Learning Programme Booking
Learning programmes are booked separately to accommodation. They can be booked at the same time as your accommodation or at a later date if you prefer. However, it is important you book and secure your accommodation first. If you are interested in a specific programme, make a note of the date and click here to check accommodation availability. Please refer to the ‘Booking Notes’ below for more booking details.
Book Poetry Writing
Need help deciding on the right programme for you? Use the chat or call a member of our team:
GR: +30 2247 031851
UK +44 7435 393514
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If staying for just a single week, choose N/A for the week 2 options.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, repeat the programme booking process for each person and add to cart. All learning programmes will be listed separately when you check out.
- Programmes listed in the cart will appear as €0.00 as they are included in the cost of your accommodation booking.