Photography is available on the following dates in 2018
To view full programme calendar please click here.
Pátmos island is renowned for its physical beauty – an inspirational setting for developing your landscape photography skills!
During this week you will learn:
- full mastery of camera controls
- working with exposure (as appropriate to your equipment and skill level)
- aspects of composition
- how to channel your own creative vision
- how to put into practice being in the right place and at the right time
- post processing skills and techniques, including use of photoshop and plugins
By the end of the week you will have skills that will give you confidence with all styles of photography and lighting conditions.
This learning programme is limited to 6 people, making it suitable for complete beginners or more seasoned photographers looking for some advanced tuition. During the small group early morning and afternoon/evening sessions the focus will be on general skills building, and there will be plenty of time for personalised attention at your level within that skill. Then, during your (at least two) 1-1 sessions your teacher will work at your level to focus on developing aspects that will take your photographs to the next level. You will be working with an exceptional teacher – an awarded photographer who regularly sells work internationally, as well as teaching his passion.
For this learning programme you will need at least a camera with a suitable lens, and it would be helpful to have a tripod. If you have them, and particularly if you are looking for more advanced tuition, please bring an ND filter or grads, your instruction manual and a remote release.
Take advantage of the whole eCALA experience to stimulate your creativity – massage, meditation, kayaking, snorkelling, boat trips, ‘Ted’ type talks and relaxation therapies!
eCALA Learning Programme Booking
Learning programmes are booked separately to accommodation. They can be booked at the same time as your accommodation or at a later date if you prefer. However, it is important you book and secure your accommodation first. If you are interested in a specific programme, make a note of the date and click here to check accommodation availability. Please refer to the ‘Booking Notes’ below for more booking details.
Need help deciding on the right programme for you? Use the chat or call a member of our team:
GR: +30 2247 031851
UK +44 7435 393514
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If staying for just a single week, choose N/A for the week 2 options.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, repeat the programme booking process for each person and add to cart. All learning programmes will be listed separately when you check out.
- Programmes listed in the cart will appear as €0.00 as they are included in the cost of your accommodation booking.