Painting is available on the following dates in 2018
8th July / 15th July / 2nd September / 23rd September
To view full programme calendar please click here.
During this week your Royal Academy trained artist and art teacher week will take you on an exploration of colour in a playful painting class, designed to build your confidence in developing a personal creative practice.
Using two very different types of water-based painting media, you will explore colour as a potent, creative tool for appreciation and expression. You will be introduced to the media of watercolour and guache and will be able to experience the very different expressive properties of each medium.
We will take inspiration from the surrounding landscape to explore earthy and synthetic colours, reflecting on our relationship with nature and technology through painting exercises. You will learn the fundamental principles and practices of colour mixing as well as practical application of volume, hue and chroma through simple and fun exercises in observation and composition.
During the course of the week, you will be encouraged to create several abstract and landscape paintings and studies inspired by vibrant colours of nature surrounding you during your stay. This learning programme will also aim to deepen your perception of colour in everyday life.
Take advantage of the whole colourful eCALA experience to enhance your time here – massage, meditation, water sports, boat trips, ‘Ted’ type talks and relaxation therapies.
All materials provided.
eCALA Learning Programme Booking
Learning programmes are booked separately to accommodation. They can be booked at the same time as your accommodation or at a later date if you prefer. However, it is important you book and secure your accommodation first. If you are interested in a specific programme, make a note of the date and click here to check accommodation availability. Please refer to the ‘Booking Notes’ below for more booking details.
Need help deciding on the right programme for you? Use the chat or call a member of our team:
GR: +30 2247 031851
UK +44 7435 393514
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If staying for just a single week, choose N/A for the week 2 options.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, repeat the programme booking process for each person and add to cart. All learning programmes will be listed separately when you check out.
- Programmes listed in the cart will appear as €0.00 as they are included in the cost of your accommodation booking.