Drawing is available on the following dates in 2018
1st July / 26th August / 16th September
To view full programme calendar please click here.
Led by a Royal Academy trained artist and art teacher, this learning programme will introduce you to drawing as a practice of inner and outer connection. During the course of the week, you will explore fundamental principles of observation for life-drawing next to experimental, contemporary approaches focusing on mark and gesture. You will be guided through an exploration of line, tone and surface on this one-week journey to finding your personal drawing ‘touch’.
In a different breathtaking setting each day, you will be encouraged to cultivate a connection with outer landscape/nature, with inner sensations and with analytical thinking faculties through drawing. You will look at selected, inspiring works by modern artists who used drawing for deepening their inner and outer awareness.
The combination of traditional and experimental techniques is designed to sharpen your perception and harmonise your inner and outer awareness, establishing a fertile ground for your personal practice in either representational or abstract drawing.
There will be an opportunity for tailored 1-1s, during which you can also develop a plan of action to sustain your drawing practice if you wish to do so!
Take advantage of the whole colourful eCALA experience to enhance your time here – massage, meditation, water sports, boat trips, ‘Ted’ type talks and relaxation therapies.
All materials provided.
eCALA Learning Programme Booking
Learning programmes are booked separately to accommodation. They can be booked at the same time as your accommodation or at a later date if you prefer. However, it is important you book and secure your accommodation first. If you are interested in a specific programme, make a note of the date and click here to check accommodation availability. Please refer to the ‘Booking Notes’ below for more booking details.
Need help deciding on the right programme for you? Use the chat or call a member of our team:
GR: +30 2247 031851
UK +44 7435 393514
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If staying for just a single week, choose N/A for the week 2 options.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, repeat the programme booking process for each person and add to cart. All learning programmes will be listed separately when you check out.
- Programmes listed in the cart will appear as €0.00 as they are included in the cost of your accommodation booking.