Ceramics is available on the following dates in 2018
29th July / 12th August / 16th September
To view full programme calendar please click here.
Facilitated by one of Greece’s leading ceramicists and ceramics instructors, this two week introduction to clay work will teach you the skills of ceramic techniques and give you the inspiration to use them as a means for self expression. At the same time, this two weeks will be a practice in mindfulness, with clay as your teacher. The work will bring you close to the earth and require you to be totally present as you build a relationship with the clay. Working with all the elements – earth, fire, water, air – you cannot help but become aware of your senses.
During the two weeks you will be taken through the whole process of ceramic creation. Working in a group, in week 1 you will learn a variety of handbuilding techniques: pinching, coiling, slabbing and press moulding. You will also look at ceramics from around the world through the ages.
During the second week the group work will cover creative thinking & design, surface decoration and glazing & firing. There will also be the opportunity for some individual tuition during the second week group sessions, as you are encouraged to find your personal expression using combined techniques. During the afternoons of week two you will also have at least two 1-1s, during which you will learn to work on the potters wheel.
Along the way during the two weeks you will be treated to some explorations of colour and the senses by your exceptionally talented teacher!
Take advantage of the whole eCALA experience to enhance your time here – massage, meditation, water sports, boat trips, ‘Ted’ type talks and relaxation therapies.
All materials provided.
eCALA Learning Programme Booking
Learning programmes are booked separately to accommodation. They can be booked at the same time as your accommodation or at a later date if you prefer. However, it is important you book and secure your accommodation first. If you are interested in a specific programme, make a note of the date and click here to check accommodation availability. Please refer to the ‘Booking Notes’ below for more booking details.
Need help deciding on the right programme for you? Use the chat or call a member of our team:
GR: +30 2247 031851
UK +44 7435 393514
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If staying for just a single week, choose N/A for the week 2 options.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, repeat the programme booking process for each person and add to cart. All learning programmes will be listed separately when you check out.
- Programmes listed in the cart will appear as €0.00 as they are included in the cost of your accommodation booking.